As you might be able to see by the total, I've updated the tally goal, because we're already at $650 received. That's right - thanks to some of very generous people, we are at 65% of our original goal 1 weekend after I started mailing people out.
With so many people donating, and so many more people pledging money within the next couple of months, I've realised that we kinda need to adjust the goals somewhat here. $1000 was enough to get a reasonably cheap, tailored suit, but I'm almost certain we're going to get more than that, and I know that a lot of people still want to donate, and I want people to still contribute! So, as well as the tailored suit, any extra money donated will be going to the following, in order:
- The Suit
- A waistcoat
- A good, tailored shirt
- Formal shoes
- Belts, Cufflinks, Ties and other suit accessories.
Also, as a note, I'm planning to have a card that will include the names of people who have contributed to the gift. I'm keeping a register of people I know have contributed, and if I know their names, I'll be putting it to the card. This is a good time for people to let me know if they do not want their names on the card (in which case you will be known as "Anonymous" on the card), or if they explicitly want to be known by a pseudonym (such as, say, Fetlife usernames or such).
Once again, I am utterly gobsmacked by the incredibly generosity that so many of you have offered already, and I'm certain that Erin will be gobsmacked even more when the gift is revealed!
No comments:
Post a Comment